There is plenty going on in Wakefield this August, from unmissable theatre productions to pride celebrations- why not head to one of these 5 fantastic events.
1. Wakefield Vegan Fair – 4th August @ Lightwaves Leisure CentreWhether you’re vegan or just enjoy good food, head to the Wakefield Vegan Fair on Sunday August the 4th for all things vegan. With over 50 stalls you can expect to find tasty treats, talks on plant-based life and information on veganism. Entry is £1, for full details see here.
2. Wakefield Pride- 11th August @ Sun LaneTake to the streets of Wakefield to join this year’s Wakefield Pride. With performances from Xfactors Seann Miley Moore, The UK’s number 1 ABBA tribute band and much more. This is a day and night not to be missed in celebration of the LGBT+ community! For full details of all the performances see here.
3. Festival of the Moon – 23rd August – 8th September @ Wakefield Market HallIn celebration of the 50th anniversary since landing on the moon, Wakefield will be home to a 7 metre wide illuminated replica of the moon. Over the course of the 2 weeks, there is a variety of events taking place around the sculpture from the launch party, to storytelling and theatre performances. A fantastic event coming to Wakefield, not to be missed! For full details see here.
4. The Hepworth Wakefield Summer Fair- August 17th – 18th @ The Hepworth WakefieldOn the 17th & 18th of August, head to the Hepworth Summer Fair, a day for all the family to enjoy. You can expect craft and food market stalls alongside workshops, dancing and music performances all from the heart of Wakefield. For full details see here.
5. Sister Act - 28th August- 7th September @ Theatre Royal WakefieldIf you fancy a night of singing and dancing, be sure to catch one of the Sister Act shows taking place at Theatre Royal Wakefield. The impressive production will you have you laughing, crying and singing along. For full ticket information see here.
If you would like to take a look at what is happening across Leeds this August, take a look our 11 unmissable events.