1. HemingwaysBringing a little Havana to Horsforth, Hemingway’s is your one-stop-shop for rum and cocktails in Horsforth. Decorated with a sense of Cuba in mind, you’ll find yourself immersed in the music and menu. On a weekday enjoy a quiet drink in a relaxed atmosphere, whilst on a weekend expect music, dancing and a guaranteed great night out. Even better, get 2 for £12 cocktails every day from 3 pm!
2. Granvilles Beer and Gin HouseA more recent addition to Horsforth, Granville’s Beer and Gin House does as the name suggests, offers an impressive range of local gins and beers. The casual, cool interior creates the perfect environment for a gin & tonic. With some great offers on throughout the week, including Thursday Night Gin Club and Fizz Friday there is always a reason to head to Granvilles. Why not try your luck in their weekly Sunday night quiz!
3. The Malt BrewhouseThe spot at the top of Townstreet has had its fair share of names over the years, however finding its feet as The Malt Brewhouse has given the bar a new lease of life. With 16 beer lines on offer to accompany their tapas style menu and relaxed vibe, is what makes the Malt Brewhouse a popular spot with Horsforth locals.
4. BanyanAs part of the dominating Arc inspirations, it’s no surprise that Banyan has all the keys to success. The impressive industrial styled bar situated on New Road Side is popular every night of the week. For a bar its size you have to have a drinks menu to match, and Banyan certainly has just that. With an enormous range of beers, wines cocktails and spirits it’s hard to just pop in for one…
5. The Brownlee ArmsThe community spirit shown in Horsforth is showcased through no other than the support for local Heroes ‘ The Brownlee Brothers’ so much so there is a pub named after them. Taking its name after the boys success in the 2012 Olympics, The Brownlee Arms is a family-friendly pub, offering great quality pub grub and an equally great selection of beers, wines and spirits - everything you would expect from a local pub in a leafy suburb.
6. The Old Kings ArmsTaking its place at corner plot of Horsforth Town Street, The Old Kings Arms has been a crucial part of Horsforth Landscape for longer than most of us can remember. Having recently changed hands, The Old King Arms is focusing on bringing community spirit to a modern British pub. With piano, live music and weekly quiz, the atmosphere is not to be missed. Whilst there craft beers, cask ales and spirits will make sure you don’t go thirsty. The recent owners have introduced a new concept of ever-changing Street food pop ups within the pub, keeping the menu fresh and interesting. So whether you’re peckish or parched, head to The Old Kings Arms.
7. Town Street TavernUndoubtedly one of the most popular pubs in Horsforth, The Town Street Tavern is the place to go when looking for a well-kept pint. With 8 kegs and 8 hand-pulled beers to be enjoyed in the old period building, the local vibe is what keeps the residents of Horsforth returning. Grab your friends, your partner or even your dog and head to the tavern for a well-deserved drink.
8. The Queens ArmsLooking for live sports and a great atmosphere? Look no further than The Queens Arms. The traditional 17th-century pub is a veteran when it comes to serving drinks and offering a warm welcome. Priding themselves on being one of the remaining ‘proper pubs’ it is filled with the kind of character and charm that will turn you into a regular.
9. The Old BallIf a traditional pub is your thing, The Old Ball in Horsforth is a must visit. The large pub serves all the drinks you can expect to find in a Great British boozer. Whilst their impressive beer garden is a great spot for a summers day to watch the world go by!
10. The Hop ShackIf you fancy yourself as a craft beer connoisseur or just want to taste something new, The Hop shack on New Road Side is quirky and quaint. Stocking over 130 beers from across Yorkshire, UK , Europe and the USA, if you can’t find something you like in there, maybe beer isn’t for you... The added beauty of the Hop shack is you can choose to enjoy your beer in their micro pub or takeaway to the comfort of your own home.
So next time you’re looking for somewhere to enjoy a pint or sample a new gin, venture to the leafy suburb of Horsforth, with so much on offer you’ll have to revisit!