1. Add Fresh FlowersThe simplest trick to add an essence of summer to your home is through fresh flowers. Fresh flowers ignite all the senses; they bring that fresh summer smell whilst adding a pop of colour to those winter walls. So go colourful! Bold is in and no you don’t have to wait until somebody buys you them, treat yourself!
2. Brighten the WallsThere is no better time to get out the paint brushes, to give a room a lick of paint. Make the most of the summer weather; open the windows and doors to allow for top speed drying time, with a bit of luck you should be done in a day (or two)! Why not go for a light bright white or even a splash of colour to give your room that summer glow.
3. Lighten Your AccessoriesSo you’ve brightened your walls why not lighten your accessories too. Out with the navy blue sheets, it’s time for white. Even making the smallest of changes such as replacing your bedding with lighter tone can instantly light up a room. Don’t believe us? Give it a go.
4. Clear the ClutterIn the Christmas months we can excuse the mess, the baubles, the tinsel and unwanted gifts, but in summer, clean and clutter free is key! Spring might have past, but it’s never too late for a spring clean. Do a clear out, this will make a room feel more spacious and immediately lighter and brighter, perfect for the summer months.
5. Make the Most of Your GardenWe might not get to use our gardens 80% of the year, but when it comes to summer, make the most of it! If you are blessed with the luxury of a garden, give it a little TLC! Tidy up the grass, cut back any overgrown hedges and why not venture into the world of plants. Once you’ve given things a little tidy, why not create a space for entertaining, even if it’s just for you to enjoy a glass of wine on a summers evening.
Need any more interior tips? Take a look at our 2019 interior design trends, or if you want a whole fresh start, why not find out what is on the market in your area by contacting your local Manning Stainton branch.